Designed to prepare students for the unique requirements of doing business in a global marketplace. Includes export activities, global business and marketing strategies, foreign manufacturing logistics and international communications etiquette. Courses are taught by experts in International Business and feature guest lecturers, interactive role play and plenty of hands-on activities. Maximizes student opportunities for employment in any aspect of business in the U.S. or elsewhere.
Program contact: Learn more
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Related Degrees and Certificates
- Business Management, Associate of Applied Business
- Business Management with a Concentration in Human Resources Management, Associate of Applied Business
- Business Management with a Concentration in Small Business Management, Associate of Applied Business
- Bookkeeping, Certificate of Proficiency
- Payroll, Certificate of Proficiency
- Tax Preparation, Certificate of Proficiency
Related Training and Credentials
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Use listening, verbal, non-verbal, written, and appropriate cross-cultural communication skills, utilizing appropriate technology with internal and external stakeholders, to meet a global organization’s objectives.
- Apply intercultural sensitivity and knowledge of global business practices and protocols to develop and maintain effective working relationships among diverse people.
- Provide quality and timely customer service that ensures customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers.
- Effectively utilize personal management skills such as project management, organization, leadership, professionalism, networking and time management to meet or exceed an organization’s global objectives.
- Use various international systems, certification, standards, and software to maximize the efficiency of the global trade environment.
- Identify and use problem solving tools and principles of quality to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner that enhances a global organization’s performance on a global scale.
- Apply general math, metric, currency and accounting skills to prepare, record and track revenue and expenditures and other performance measures in a global environment.
- Apply knowledge of global concepts including geography, current affairs, history, travel and infrastructures to assist an organization’s international strategy.
- Conduct market research to support an organization’s global marketing programs/initiatives.
- Support management of an organization’s transportation, warehouse, distribution and logistics operations.
- Apply knowledge of international financial management to support purchasing/sales products and services.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|BADM-1020||Introduction to Business||3|
|BADM-2601||Global Commerce and Communication||3|
|ECON-2000||Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|College Composition I|
|Honors College Composition I|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Honors Computer Applications|
|BADM-2780||Global Marketing and Distribution||3|
|MARK-2010||Principles of Marketing||3|
|MATH-1240||Contemporary Mathematics 2||3|
|BADM-2161||Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Management||3|
|BADM-2760||Global Trade and Finance||3|
|ECON-2010||Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|DEGR-xxxx 1||Select Foreign Language elective||3-4|
|BADM-2790||International Business Strategy and Application||4|
|GEOG-1010||World Regional Geography||3|
|DEGR-xxxx||Select Foreign Language elective||3-4|
|Total Credit Hours||61-63|
Foreign language electives should be selected in the same language. Department approval required to select another foreign language. American Sign Language courses are not foreign language elective options for this degree.
MATH-1800-1820 may not be used to meet this requirement; MATH-1470 Modern Mathematics for Business and Social Science I or higher is recommended for students planning to transfer.