Academic advising is one of the most important services a student will receive in college. The student and the counselor work together to achieve the student’s educational goals.
Tri-C counselors help students:
• Learn about requirements for Tri-C’s degree and certificate programs and help track degree completion using DegreeWorks.
• Develop educational goals as they relate to careers.
• Develop short- and long-term academic plans.
• Explore majors consistent with a student’s interests, abilities and goals.
• Explore transfer opportunities at area colleges and universities.
• Develop course schedules that consider a student’s academic background, course prerequisites and educational goals.
• Become aware of and interpret academic policies as they relate to a student’s situation.
• Identify appropriate resource personnel to assist students with study skills, career counseling, financial aid, personal counseling and resolving complaints.
• Understand the Ohio Transfer Module, Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGS) and Transferology as tools to aid with transfer planning.
Students are encouraged to use eAdvising to learn more about programs, degrees, certificates and transfer options. Use the form located at www.tri-c.edu/eadvising to speak with a counselor via internet, email or phone.