This program provides additional workplace skills to students who have already been trained in the fundamentals of welding. Students will gain familiarity with additional workplace safety, programing of welding robots, metallurgy, fabrication, and some nondestructive testing techniques.
Financial Assistance funds cannot be applied towards this program. Request for eligibility to utilize Financial Assistance funds for this program is currently pending.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Admission Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Completion of Introductory Welding certificate or equivalent industry certifications.
- “C” or better in ISET-1101 Welding Blue Print Reading, ISET-2100 Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG), ISET-2110 Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), ISET-2120 Shielded Metal Arc Welding (STICK) or equivalent experience.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Use effective interpersonal, communication, and professional skills to work with welding, production, engineering, and quality control teams.
- Comply with industry safety guidelines.
- Train operators, troubleshoot equipment, and analyze root causes and identify corrective actions of weld issues.
- Work with production and engineering teams to develop equipment and processes for production needs, and customer expectations.
- Use practical knowledge/experience of fabricating, blue print reading, and welding skills to complete most welding projects.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|HLTH-1230||Standard First Aid and Personal Safety||1|
|ISET-2131||Oxyfuel Processes/Plasma Processes||4|
|MET-1300||Engineering Materials and Metallurgy||3|
|COMM-1000||Fundamentals of Interpersonal Communication||3|
|Total Credit Hours||22|