Develop career ready social media marketing skills and digital strategies to design, manage and optimize marketing efforts utilizing the top online platforms. Students will also be exposed to SEO, and the top trends for businesses in the digital environment. In the final capstone class, students will work directly with local businesses and plan or evaluate the social media and content strategy. Students in this certificate will develop a comprehensive understanding of the foundations of social media and gain actionable tools that can immediately be applied on the job.
Program contact: Learn more
Financial Assistance funds cannot be applied towards this program. Request for eligibility to utilize Financial Assistance funds for this program is currently pending.
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Related Degrees and Certificates
- Create compelling, platform-relevant imagery using basic photo and video editing, graphic design software and Apps (Adobe).
- Identify appropriate analytics platform, gather data, and perform basic assessments to inform content development.
- Recognize SEO key words and reinforce using social media content.
- Write effective, grammatically correct copy using brand voice and style guidelines, tailored to the platform , informed by a robust (and judicious) understanding of search trends and hashtags.
- Adapt technical skills to changing social media trends and develop strategy to stay informed and trained.
- Differentiate between social media platforms and determine how and when to use them including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Linkedin.
- Apply knowledge of audience management including customer service, publishing, engagement, content development, and crisis management to respond to and manage social interactions on behalf of the organization.
- Use of appropriate tools to manage social media content: calendars, posting platforms, google analytics, social media advertising, search engine optimization, keywords, and reporting.
- Create a social media plan that targets appropriate audiences and overall marketing and branding goals for the organization, and measure, evaluate, and report on outcomes of a social media campaign.
- Develop creative content that is ethical, compliant, and engaging.
- Utilize effective interpersonal skills including listening, problem solving, story telling, researching, time management, organization, collaboration and networking to perform duties successfully.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|BADM-1080||Social Media Marketing||3|
|BT-2040||Emerging Workplace Technology||3|
|BADM-1090||Social Media Content Strategies||3|
|BADM-2080||Social Media Analytics||3|
|BT-2500||Web Authoring Tools||3|
|BADM-2090||Digital Marketing Design||3|
|Total Credit Hours||18|