Certified Professional Coders are an important component of the medical billing process and the health care team. Whenever a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. The Certified Professional Coder reviews clinical statements and assign standard codes using CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II classification systems so that medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
This Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum for Medical Coding. The comprehensive program includes Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, CPT Coding, ICD-10 Coding, and HCPCS Coding. Each course is required for successful completion of the program. The program is for 24 weeks.
Other Important Information
- This is a Hybrid program that is a combination of online training and face to face classroom training. Typically there are 10 classroom dates about twice per month on Saturdays for three hours each.
- The Hybrid program is recommended for former independent study students.
- Well trained and highly recommended AAPC certified instructors with several credentials within the Medical Coding industry
- This program is offered online through AAPC distance learning Blackboard platform with selected classroom dates
- Intermediate computer skills are essential
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Mandatory CPC Mock Exam/Review Session
- AAPC test results are required to be released
- CPC Online Practice Exams available after CPC Exam registration
- Private CPC Exam offered onsite with class peers
- Graduation Ceremony
Registration for the online program is recommended at the latest one week prior to start of classes to allow for shipment of text materials.
Technical Requirements include high-speed internet access with supported computer operating systems and internet/web browsers. Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required.
For best experience, use of a mobile device is not recommended.
Contact 216-987-3171 or 216-987-2925 for further details.
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials, CPC National Exam fee and AAPC Student Annual Membership.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-3075
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC Student Annual Membership upon successful passing of the program
- Practicodes available upon successful passing of the CPC Exam to remove the Apprentice destination for an additional year of service.
- Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder - Online
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient-Access Specialist Program
- Health Information Management Technology
To Register for and Learn more about Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (CPC)