Certified Professional Medical Coders are an important component of the medical billing process and the health care team. Whenever a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. The Certified Professional Coder reviews the documentation in the medical record to determine the service provided and assigns codes (CPT codes, ICD-10 codes and HCPCS codes) so that medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
This comprehensive program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum that includes Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, CPT Coding, ICD-10 Coding, and HCPCS Coding and is designed to prepare individuals to take the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) examination. No courses can be opted out.
Other Important Information
- This course is offered through an online environment.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- WebEx sessions offered for Instructor/Coach support
- Integrated Career & Job Readiness
- CPC Online Practice Exams
- Mandatory CPC Mock Exam/Review Session
- Private CPC Exam on site
- Required AAPC test results released
- Career Day and Graduation Ceremony
- The online session is recommended for students that have prior related Coding, Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology and/or related healthcare experience either academically or professionally. In addition, intermediate computer skills are essential in the online session.
- Contact 216-987-2925 or 216-987-3171 for further details.
- Registration for class is suggested one week prior to start of classes to allow for shipment of text materials. Classroom based training is also available.
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials, CPC National Exam fee and AAPC Student Annual Membership.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-3075
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC Student Annual Membership
- An optional, unpaid externship opportunity is available upon: passage of the CPC exam; successful completion of the College's Health Care Immunization and background check requirements; and contingent upon employer availability and needs. The cost of the background check included in tuition.
- Practicodes offered following successful passing of CPC national exam to get real work experience. Completion of the Practicode program will remove one year of apprentice designation.
- Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding Program - Classroom
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient-Access Specialist Program
- Health Information Management Technology
To Register for and Learn more about Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding – Online