Certified Professional Medical Coders are an important component of the medical billing process and the health care team. Whenever a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. The Certified Professional Coder reviews the documentation in the medical record to determine the services provided and assigns codes (CPT codes, ICD-10 codes and HCPCS codes) so that medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
This comprehensive program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum that includes Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, CPT Coding, ICD-10 Coding, and HCPCS Coding and is designed to prepare individuals to take the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) examination. Each course is required for successful completion of the program.
Other Important Information
- This is a face-to-face classroom session.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Integrated Career & Job Readiness
- CPC Online Practice Exams
- Mandatory CPC Mock Exam/Review Session
- Private CPC Exam on site
- Required AAPC test results released
- Career Day and Graduation Ceremony
- Contact 216-987-2925 or 216-987-3171 for further details.
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials, CPC National Exam fee and AAPC Student Annual Membership.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-3075
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC Student Annual Membership
- An optional, unpaid externship opportunity is available upon: passage of the CPC exam; successful completion of the College's Health Care Immunization and background check requirements; and contingent upon employer availability and needs. The cost of the background check included in tuition.
- Practicodes offered following successful passing of CPC national exam to obtain work experience. Completion of the Practicode program will remove one year of apprentice designation.
- Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder - Online
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient-Access Specialist Program
- Health Information Management Technology
To Register for and Learn more about Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (CPC)