This certificate is geared to those seeking an entry position in the area of quality control in industry. Students are introduced to the quality control of mechanical parts and systems. Inspection of parts is done using the skills of blueprint reading of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and inspection tools and equipment. Application of math and communication principles.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Program Admissions Requirements
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with diverse individuals and teams, all levels of employees, customers, and suppliers by means of verbal, written (memos, reports, emails, etc.), graphics, symbols, and effective listening skills and using appropriate technology.
- Complete tasks and projects on schedule through the effective use of time management, appropriate math skills, and teamwork that fosters inclusion, synergized efforts in problem identification, and troubleshooting for successful resolution of problems towards the achievement of set goals and objectives.
- Apply quality systems, principles, and concepts, and utilize appropriate math, measurement, data collection and statistical tools and technology to improve processes and product quality, and to enhance productivity.
- Incorporate safety awareness, principles and practices in every aspect of work and as a way of life, including machine safety, environmental safety, chemical safety, and personal/ employee protection.
- Interpret drawings using proper dimensioning, tolerancing for size and geometry, and proper industry standards and conventions.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|MATH-1530||College Algebra (or higher)||4|
|MET-1230||Drawing & AutoCAD||3|
|MET-1240||Machine Tools and Manufacturing Processes||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|College Composition I|
|Honors College Composition I|
|HLTH-1230||Standard First Aid and Personal Safety||1|
|MET-1400||CNC Programming and Operation||3|
|MET-2400||Statistical Quality Control||3|
|MET-2422||Fundamentals of Engineering Economics||3|
|MET-2500||Fundamentals of Products Development and Manufacture||3|
|Total Credit Hours||31|