The purpose of the program is to familiarize students with supporting concepts of mechatronics which is defined as a design process that includes a combination of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control engineering and computer engineering. It therefore is a multidisciplinary field. Supporting courses include programming, electronics, fluid power, etc., that will provide the student with a broad familiarity with supporting topics.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more here about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate in a lab environment using instrumentation ohms law, power laws for Direct Current (DC) and Alternation Current (AC) circuits.
- Demonstrate welding blue print reading skills by performing stick welding operation to specification on a specimen.
- Use instrumentation to demonstrate fluid pressure and volume in a laboratory environment and explain the relationship between hydraulic piston area and pressure.
- Program a Programmable Logic Controller to solve a stated problem.
- Demonstrate programming skills in a robotics environment to solve a stated problem. Use math to determine program behavior.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|ISET-1101||Welding Blue Print Reading||3|
|ISET-1300||Mechanical/Electrical Print Reading||2|
|ISET-1310||Mechanical Power Transmission||2|
|ISET-1410||Applied Electricity I 1||3|
|ISET-1420||Applied Electricity II||3|
|EET-1100||Introduction to Robotics||2|
|ISET-1320||Fundamentals of Fluid Power||2|
|ISET-2120||Shielded Metal Arc Welding (STICK)||4|
|ISET-2200||Industrial Motor Controls||3|
|ISET-2500||Programmable Logic Controllers Maintenance I 2||3|
|ISET-2510||Programmable Logic Controllers Maintenance II||2|
|ISET-2520||Programmable Logic Controllers Maintenance III||2|
|Total Credit Hours||31|