Post-graduate certificate designed to update or enhance skills in object-oriented technologies. Students will experience the object-oriented environment of programming, database and Web technologies.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree and about related training programs.
Program Admission Requirements
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Operate in a diverse team environment with professionalism, integrity and accountability.
- Explain and implement technologies that are impacted by legal and ethical issues.
- Plan, organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet project deadlines.
- Adapt to change within their profession by demonstrating a commitment to continuous research and learning.
- Apply knowledge of programming, website maintenance, operating systems, networking and security to install, configure, troubleshoot and provide ongoing support and maintenance for technology related organizational systems.
- Apply knowledge of programming (application, web, data and security) at the enterprise level and use industry standards, guidelines and use appropriate tools to gather requirements, develop, test and quality assure organizational information technology business systems (new and existing). Work as part of a development team using industry standards and guidelines.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|IT-1025||Information Technology Concepts for Programmers||3|
|IT-1150||Introduction to Web Programming||3|
|IT-2320||Interactive Internet Programming||4|
|IT-2351||Enterprise Database Systems||4|
|IT-2030||ASP.NET Web Programming||4|
|IT-2660||Data Structures & Algorithms||4|
|IT-2700||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|Total Credit Hours||32|