The Community Health Worker (CHW) serves as a bridge between the community and the health care, government and social service systems. Job scope includes:
- Provide clients with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses.
- Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients’ medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
Other important information
The CHW student must complete 100 hours of classroom training and 130 hours of field service. A successful background check is required. A completed application along with a $35 fee will be forwarded to The Ohio Board of Nursing for certification.
The classroom training is offered in the evening and the vast majority of the field service opportunities are during the day hours. Please contact the office for further details at 216-987-2925.
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
All text materials included. Background check is not included in cost.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-3075, option #1..
Upon completion students receive
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- Ohio Board of Nursing Certificate as Community Health Worker
- American Heart Association BLS CPR for Health Care Providers
To Register for and Learn more about Community Health Worker