The CNC Machining and Composites Manufacturing Program is a Fast-Track Training Program for students looking to gain entry into the areas of Composite Manufacturing and Precision Machining. The program is divided equally between classroom and hands-on training. Students learn the fundamentals of becoming a Skilled Machinist on both manual and CNC machine tools. The CNC Machining and Composites Manufacturing Technology Program provides the theoretical and hands-on experience to enable the student to enter the industry at the pre-apprenticeship level.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Listen, ask questions and collaborate with co-workers and supervisor during the manufacturing process to produce a high quality product.
- Be reliable, conscientious, respectful and committed to the organization’s mission.
- Apply principles and practice of safety while performing daily tasks.
- Recognize, analyze and apply knowledge, resources and creativity to resolve problems as they arise.
- Apply advanced concepts of shop math, blueprint reading, inspection and knowledge of machining and manufacturing principles to produce a quality product that meets customer specification in a safe and efficient manner.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|ATMT-1000||Mechanical & Spatial Relations||4|
|ATMT-1100||Manufacturing Skills I||3|
|ATMT-1120||Machine Operations I||6|
|ATMT-1110||Manufacturing Skills II||2|
|ATMT-1200||Machine Tool Theory||4|
|ATMT-2120||Machine Operations II||6|
|Total Credit Hours||27|