160 hours of classroom and hands-on training and testing provide instruction in driver safety, transporting cargo safety, air brakes, combination vehicles, tank vehicles and hazardous materials. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control, and on-road driving (required for skills testing).
We also introduce students to the new CSA methodology for scoring carriers and drivers, in which any safety violations are organized into the seven BASICs.
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School.
- Industry-related equipment
- Eaton autoshift transmission
- 10-speed manual transmission
- Eaton's VORAD® Collision Avoidance Radar
- Small classes
- 40 hours of classroom instruction
- 40 hours minimum of behind-the-wheel training, comprised of skills training (maneuverability) and road training.
- 80 hours of combined time spent observing skills and working on the pre-trip inspection, which is required to pass the state CDL test.
Other important information:
Program admission requirements
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math, reading and comprehension skills
- Pass a DOT physical and drug screening
- Pass the basic CDL permit test
$5,495 plus non-refundable $200 administrative fee
- CDL learners permit
- DOT physical and drug screen
- Classroom materials
- CDL state test
- CDL license upon passing state testing
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
Tri-C achievement award and certificate of completion from the Ohio Department of Public Safety
Click the link to learn more about Class A CDL Truck Driver Training.