Students who participate in the certificate sequence will develop knowledge, skills and abilities in 3D Animation techniques to prepare for professional and academic opportunities in Visual Communication and Design or related fields with emphasis in 3D Modeling, Animation, Illustration and Visualization.
This certificate is intended for students with no previous design experience or students interested in an immersive exploration of 3D Animation. Credits can apply to associate degrees in Visual Communication and Design.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Listen and understand complex ideas, present and communicate visually, verbally and in writing to colleagues and clients.
- Work independently and as an organized member of a production team to meet client requirements on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate professional work ethics and a passion for lifelong learning and networking.
- Use design elements, principles and the basic building blocks of the 3D process. Modeling, lighting/texturing, animation and rendering to create a 3-D composition.
- Design a concept, strategy and story board to visualize a product or message to reach the target audience that meets the production schedule and budget.
- Use appropriate hardware, software and resources to create high quality computer graphic imagery in a production environment.
- Composite/edit production elements to deploy final product that meets client distribution requirements.
- Develop career goals, applying basic business and financial skills, self discipline and motivation, versatility and adaptability, self promotion and communication skills to create a sustainable business.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|VC&D-1015||Digital Studio Basics||3|
|VCIM-1200||Game Design I: Introduction to Game Design||3|
|VCIM-2270||Animation for the Web and Media||3|
|VCXX-xxxx||Visual Communication & Design Elective||3|
|Total Credit Hours||24|