Certified professional coders (CPCs) are an important component of the medical billing process and the health care team. Whenever a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. The CPC reviews clinical statements and assigns standard codes using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II classification systems so that medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
This Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum for medical coding. The 24-week program includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, CPT coding, ICD-10 coding, and HCPCS coding. Each course is required for successful completion of the program.
Other important information
- This is a hybrid program that combines online and face-to-face/virtual class sessions (Mandatory three-hour Saturday classes take place about twice per month)
- Classes are taught by AAPC-certified instructors highly recommended within the medical coding industry
- This program is offered online through AAPC's distance-learning Blackboard platform, available 24/7
- Intermediate computer skills are essential
- High school diploma/GED required
- Mandatory CPC mock exam/review session
- AAPC test results required to be released
- CPC online practice exams available after exam registration
- Private CPC exam offered on-site with class peers
Registration is recommended at least 7-10 business days prior to start of classes to allow for shipment of textbooks.
Technical requirements include high-speed internet access with supported computer operating systems and internet/web browsers, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Neither mobile devices nor Chromebooks are recommended for the best virtual classroom experience.
Call 216-987-3171 or 216-987-2925 for more information.
Visit the Corporate College website for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials for each course. CPC National Exam Voucher and AAPC Student Annual Membership available upon successful program completion and financial clearance.
No refund given after classes begin.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder exam through American Academy of Professional Coders
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC Student Annual Membership
- Practicode available upon passage of the CPC exam to remove apprentice designation for additional year of service
- Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (Online)
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient-Access Specialist Program
- Health Information Management Technology
Register and learn more about Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (CPC).