Certified professional coders (CPCs) are an important component of the medical billing process and the health care team. Whenever a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. The CPC reviews clinical statements and assigns standard codes using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II classification systems so that medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
Tri-C's Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum for medical coding. The 24-week program is delivered entirely online.
Anatomy and Physiology
- AAPC-certified instructors
- Courses delivered via AAPC distance learning platform
- Instructor/coach support with weekly virtual class meetings (optional but encouraged)
- Mandatory CPC mock exam/review session (exceptions available)
Other Important Information
- Intermediate computer skills and high school diploma/GED required.
- Prior coding, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and/or related health care experience preferred, but not required.
- AAPC test results required to be released.
- CPC online practice exams available after CPC exam registration.
- Private CPC exam offered on-site.
Please register at least 7-10 business days prior to start of class to allow for shipment of textbooks.
Technical requirements include high-speed internet access with supported computer operating systems and internet/web browsers. Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader required.
Call 216-987-3171 or 216-987-2925 for more information.
Visit the Corporate College website for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials, CPC national exam fee and AAPC student annual membership.
No refunds given after classes begin.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC Student Annual Membership
- Practicodes available upon successful passing of CPC Exam
- Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding Program — Classroom
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient-Access Specialist Program
- Health Information Management Technology
Register and learn more about Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding – Online.