Certified professional coders (CPCs) are an important component of the medical billing process and health care teams. When a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. CPCs review clinical statements and assign standard codes using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II classification systems so medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
Tri-C's Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum for medical coding. The 24-week program includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, CPT coding, ICD-10 coding and HCPCS coding. Each course is required for successful program completion. Evening and weekend class options may be available.
Other important information
- Face-to-face classes taught by well-trained and highly recommended AAPC-certified instructors
- High school diploma or GED required
- Integrated career and job readiness (professionalism) provided
- Mandatory CPC mock exam/review session
- AAPC test results required to be released
- CPC online practice exams available following exam registration
- Private CPC exam offered on-site with class peers
Contact 216-987-3171 or 216-987-2925 for further details.
Visit the Corporate College website for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials for each course. CPC National Exam Voucher and AAPC Student Annual Membership available upon successful program completion and financial clearance.
No refund given after classes begin.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder national exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC student annual membership
- Practicode available upon successful completion of CPC exam to remove apprentice designation for additional year of service.
- Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (Online)
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient Access Specialist
- Health Information Management Technology
Register and learn more about Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (CPC).