Certified professional coders are an important component of the medical billing process and health care teams. When a patient receives care in a physician's practice, hospital outpatient facility or ambulatory surgical center, the provider must document what services were performed. Certified professional coders review clinical statements and assign standard codes using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II classification systems so medical claims can be submitted for reimbursement.
Tri-C's Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum for medical coding. The program includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, CPT coding, ICD-10 coding and HCPCS coding. Each course is required for successful completion of the program. The program is for 24+ weeks and can be offered at any of our College campuses. Classroom hours may be offered in the evenings and on weekends.
Other important information
- Taught by well-trained and highly recommended AAPC-certified instructors
- This is a face-to-face classroom session
- High school diploma or GED required
- Integrated career and job readiness (professionalism) provided
- Mandatory CPC mock exam/review session
- AAPC test results are required to be released
- CPC online practice exams available following CPC exam registration
- Private CPC exam offered on site with class peers
Contact 216-987-3171 or 216-987-2925 for further details.
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials for each course. CPC National Exam Voucher and AAPC Student Annual Membership available upon successful passing of the program and clearance.
No refund is given after the course begins.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
- Eligibility to sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) national exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- AAPC student annual membership upon successful completion of the program
- Practicode available upon successful completion of the CPC exam to remove the apprentice destination for an additional year of service
- Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder - Online
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Patient-Access Specialist Program
- Health Information Management Technology
To register and learn more about Comprehensive Certified Professional Medical Coder (CPC)