The Associate of Arts degree is a flexible 2 year degree designed for students who want to begin their studies at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) and plan to transfer to a baccalaureate degree-granting college or university for completion of a four-year degree. Students should meet with an academic counselor to plan a course of study that will meet their transfer requirements.
The Associate of Arts Degree can be completed 100% online. Visit the Online Associate of Arts website for more information about the online option and contact information for the program manager.
Associate of Arts Degree Requirements
The College currently offers several discipline-specific programs under the Associate of Arts degree designed to transfer to a four-year baccalaureate program.
Learn more about transfer opportunities at Tri-C and about Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways.
Through the Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways, Associate of Arts majors/concentrations that can be completed 100% online, in addition to blended or in person, are noted with an asterisk(*)
Creative and Performing Arts
- Certificate of Proficiency in Creative Art Therapy Facilitator
- Media and Journalism Studies
- Associate of Arts with a concentration in Studio/Fine Arts
- Associate of Arts with a concentration in Theatre
- Theatre Arts
Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Associate of Arts in American Sign Language
- American Sign Language
- Associate of Arts with a concentration in Anthropology*
- Communication Studies
- Associate of Arts with a concentration in English*
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Associate of Arts with a concentration in Sociology*
- Urban Studies
- Women and Gender Studies