In partnership with the CE Shop, Corporate College offers MLO Online!
Getting a Mortgage Loan Originator/Officer license starts by completing your Ohio Pre-Licensure Education. In only 24 hours, you can complete your education and be enrolled in the NMLS database, ready to start originating loans. We also offer the eight hours of continuing education content needed every year.
What is a Mortgage Loan Originator/Officer?
Ohio Laws and Administrative Rules have outlined the definition of a Mortgage Loan Originator in Section 1322.01:
(AA)(1) "Mortgage Loan Originator" means an individual who for compensation or gain, or in the expectation of compensation or gain, does any of the following:
- Takes a residential mortgage loan application;
- Assists or offers to assist a buyer in obtaining or applying to obtain a residential mortgage loan by, among other things, advising on loan terms, including rates, fees, and other costs;
- Offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan;
- Issues or offers to issue a commitment for a residential mortgage loan to a buyer.
- Note: The titles “Mortgage Loan Officer” and “Mortgage Loan Originator” are often used interchangeably, including in the summary above.
Our Pre-Licensure Education packages fulfill the SAFE Act requirement and provide a comprehensive introduction to the principles and practices of mortgage lending. In addition to required core topics, the PE course focuses on content areas appearing on the SAFE MLO Test.
- Three hours of federal law
- Three hours of ethics
- Two hours of non-traditional mortgage lending
- 12 hours of electives
- Four hours of Ohio law
- Uniform state content
- Loan inquiry
- Downloadable course handbooks
- Mortgage glossary
- Application process requirements, qualification, closing and financial calculations
Visit the Corporate College website for pricing.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion, students receive:
- Certificate of Completion
Register and learn more about the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO).