Nearly all organizations rely on computer and information technology (IT) to conduct business and operate efficiently. Business Solutions Developers (also called Computer Systems Analysts and Systems Analysts) use IT tools to help organizations of all sizes achieve their goals. They may design and develop new business systems or enhance existing business systems by implementing new technological solutions.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Admission Requirements
- Program requires students to have completed an associate degree or higher.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Operate in a diverse team environment with professionalism, integrity and accountability.
- Adapt to change within their profession by demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning.
- Plan, organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet project deadlines.
- Effectively utilize personal management skills, problem solving and knowledge of the organization to identify and improve an organizations performance.
- Leverage electronic technology and integrate with existing systems to solve business problems.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain program interfaces (such as websites), supporting structures (such as back-end databases), and delivery platforms
- Communicate orally and in writing to present clearly and effectively to a variety of business audiences including clients, colleagues and other professionals.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|Summer Start||Credit Hours|
|IT-1025||Information Technology Concepts for Programmers||3|
|IT-1150||Introduction to Web Programming||3|
|IT-2351||Enterprise Database Systems||4|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|Visual C# .NET|
|Introduction to Data Analytics|
|IT-2600||E-Business Programming Technologies||3|
|IT-2700||Systems Analysis and Design||3|
|Total Credit Hours||23|