The Game Design certificate provides students with a foundation focusing on the fundamentals of 2D and 3D Game Design for various platforms including console, computer and mobile devices. Completion of this certificate will provide students with applied experience utilizing industry standard tools and techniques to develop games for a broad audience.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Apply effective verbal, written and visual communication skills to present a game concept to potential clients and other designers.
- Work independently and as a member of a design team to create a game within a time and defined parameters.
- Use theories of game design to create an interactive experience and framework around a theme for a targeted/chosen audience.
- Plan, design and build assets, mechanics and rules to assemble a playable prototype.
- Develop, refine and evaluate the game with the appropriate digital or analog tools to produce the final product for a chosen gaming platform.
- Deploy the game through appropriate channels.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|VC-1000||Visual Communication Foundation||3|
|VCIM-1200||Game Design I: Introduction to Game Design||3|
|VCIM-1400||Game Design II: Game Engines||3|
|VCIM-2200||Game Design III: Game Design Studio||3|
|VCIM-2401||Game Design IV-Game Publishing||3|
|Total Credit Hours||24|