Enrolled Agents are licensed by the federal government and have demonstrated special competence in tax matters and professional ethics, allowing them to practice before the IRS anywhere in the United States. The Enrolled Agent program is a blended learning program that prepares participants to pass the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE). Sessions are structured based on the Gleim System for Success. The SEE is a three-part exam administered by Prometrics on behalf of the IRS. Candidates must successfully pass all three parts to receive IRS-EA certification.
Other important information
- All Enrolled Agent candidates must obtain a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). For more information, visit the IRS website here.
- In order to become a certified Enrolled Agent through the IRS, you will need to complete all three parts of the IRS exam - which is not part of the class or the course fee. Visit the Prometrics testing center site here for more information.
- Enrolled Agents require 72 hours of continuing education every two years.
- Visit www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/enrolled-agents for more information.
- This course requires 15-20 hours of outside study per week to prepare for the SEE.
- At least one to two seasons of tax preparation experience and a basic understanding of tax accounting and accrual accounting is recommended before taking this class.
- Exam fees (approx. $220 per exam) are not included in the course fee. Registration is completed through a Prometrics testing center.
- We strongly suggest registering for part one of the SEE before enrolling in this course to obtain a PTIN through the IRS
- Participants should take all three parts of the SEE during a three- to four-month period while the course is in session. Off days are provided throughout to accommodate these needs
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
Certificate of Completion
To Register for and Learn more about Enrolled Agent.