Enrolled agents are licensed by the federal government and have demonstrated special competence in tax matters and professional ethics, allowing them to practice before the IRS anywhere in the United States. The Enrolled Agent program is a blended-learning program that prepares participants to pass the IRS Special Enrollment Examination (SEE). Sessions are structured based on the Gleim System for Success. The SEE is a three-part exam administered by Prometrics on behalf of the IRS. Candidates must successfully pass all three parts to receive IRS-EA certification.
Other important information
- All Enrolled Agent candidates must obtain a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). Visit the IRS website for more information.
- The Special Enrollment Examination is not administered as part of this course, nor is the cost included in the course fee. Visit the Prometrics testing center site for more information.
- Enrolled agents require 72 hours of continuing education every two years.
- Visit irs.gov/tax-professionals/enrolled-agents for more information.
- View a sample course syllabus/outline here.
- This course requires 20-30 hours of outside study per week to prepare for the SEE.
- Participants must have at least three seasons of tax preparation experience or 5-10 years of practical tax experience and a basic understanding of tax accounting and accrual accounting.
- Exam fees (approx. $220 per exam) are not included in the course fee. Registration is completed through a Prometrics testing center.
- We strongly suggest registering for part one of the SEE before enrolling in this course to obtain a PTIN through the IRS.
- Participants should take all three parts of the SEE during a three- to four-month period while the course is in session. Off days are provided throughout to accommodate these needs.
- Interested in taking our exam prep course? Complete our interest form now to help us ensure your success.
Visit the Corporate College website for pricing.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion students receive
Certificate of Completion
Click here to register and learn more about the Enrolled Agent program.