This 120-hour course gives students the skills and knowledge required to obtain a Class B CDL driver’s license. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control and on-road driving (required for skills testing).
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School.
- Minimum 40 hours classroom instruction.
- Minimum 8 hours skills pad (maneuverability).
- Minimum 8 hours behind-the-wheel road training.
- Additional 14 hours behind-the-wheel maneuverability and road skills
- Combined 50 hours spent observing skills and practicing pre-trip inspection
Other important information
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED (or required test score in basic math, reading and comprehension)
- Pass DOT physical and drug screen
- Pass basic permit test
Separate truck driving application required (available online or in person),
$4,495 plus $200 nonrefundable administrative fee
- CDL learner's permit
- DOT physical and drug screen
- Classroom materials
- CDL state test
- CDL license upon successful CDL exam completion
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion, students receive
Tri-C achievement award and Ohio Department of Public Safety certificate of completion
Learn more about Class B CDL Accelerated Training