This 120-hour course is designed to familiarize the student with the skills required to obtain a Class B CDL driver’s license. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control, and on-road driving (required for skills testing).
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School.
- 40 hours minimum of classroom instruction.
- 8 hours minimum of skills pad (maneuverability).
- 8 hours minimum behind the wheel road training.
- 14 additional hours behind the wheel practicing maneuverability skills or road skills.
- 50 hours of combined time spent observing skills and working on the pre-trip inspection that is required to pass the state CDL test.
Other important information
Program admission requirements
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED, or required test score in basic math, reading and comprehension
- Pass a DOT physical and drug screen prior to start of class
- Pass a basic permit test prior to start of class
A separate truck driving application is required (available online or in-person)
$4,200 plus $200 non-refundable administrative fee
- CDL learners permit
- DOT physical and drug screen
- Classroom materials
- CDL state test
- CDL license upon passing CDL testing
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion, students receive
Tri-C achievement award and a certificate of completion from the Ohio Department of Public Safety.
Click the link to learn more about Class B CDL Accelerated Training