This 120-hour course gives students the skills and knowledge required to obtain a Class B CDL driver’s license. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control and on-road driving (required for skills testing).
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School.
This program meets all Federal ELDT requirements.
- Minimum 40 hours classroom instruction
- Minimum 8 hours skills pad (maneuverability)
- Minimum 8 hours behind-the-wheel road training
- Additional minimum 12 hours behind-the-wheel maneuverability and road skills
- Combined 52 hours spent observing skills and practicing pre-trip inspection
Other important information
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED (or required test score in basic math, reading and comprehension)
- Pass DOT physical and drug screen
- Pass basic permit test
- Separate truck driving application required (available online or in person)
$4,600 plus $200 nonrefundable administrative fee
- CDL learner's permit
- DOT physical and drug screen
- Classroom materials
- CDL state test
- CDL license upon successful CDL exam completion
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion, students receive:
- Tri-C achievement award
- Ohio Department of Public Safety certificate of completion
Learn more about Class B CDL Accelerated Training