This 160-hour course provides classroom and hands-on instruction in driver safety, transporting cargo, air brakes, combination vehicles, tank vehicles and hazardous materials. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control and on-road driving (required for skills testing). The course also introduced students to new CSA methodology for scoring carriers and drivers.
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School and meets all federal ELDT requirements.
- Industry-related equipment
- Eaton AutoShift transmission
- 10-speed manual transmission
- Eaton VORAD® Collision Warning System
- Small class sizes
- 40 hours minimum classroom instruction
- 10 hours minimum behind-the-wheel range training
- 10 hours minimum on the road training
- 20 hours minimum combined road and range training (where needed)
- 80 hours combined skills observation and pre-trip inspection.practice
Other important information
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math, reading and comprehension skills
- Pass DOT physical and drug screening
- Pass basic CDL permit test
$5,800 plus nonrefundable $200 administrative fee
- CDL learner's permit
- DOT physical and drug screen
- Classroom materials
- CDL state test
- CDL license upon successful CDL exam completion
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-6000, option 1.
Upon completion, students receive
Tri-C achievement award and Ohio Department of Public Safety certificate of completion
Learn more about Class A CDL Truck Driver Training