Students will be prepared for careers dealing with network hardware systems analysis, planning and implementation. Students will gain the necessary skills to design, build and maintain small to medium size networks and manage network hardware systems.
Skills acquired prepare students to take the Cisco certification exams, specifically the Cisco Network Associates (CCNA) exams.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Program Admission Requirements
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Communicate effectively utilizing verbal, written and presentation skills in person, on the phone, and via the Internet with all levels in the organization.
- Communicate appropriately with diverse audiences to provide high level customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Work independently and effectively within a team to meet the needs of the organization.
- Operate within diverse business cultures with professionalism, integrity and accountability.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and recognize legal issues.
- Adapt to change within their profession by demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and the flexibility to deal with different requirements from different clients with a wide range of personality styles and prior computer knowledge.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize tasks in order to meet project deadlines.
- Apply analytical, critical and creative thinking and problem solving/troubleshooting techniques to develop effective information technology networking solutions in the context of business needs.
- Apply fundamental concepts of Cisco routing and switching hardware, operating systems, business applications, networking, security, backup and recovery procedures to troubleshoot, maintain and support Cisco hardware and software to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
- Apply knowledge of Cisco network hardware, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model, protocols, diagnostic tools and troubleshooting to assist in the design, selection of equipment, installation, configuration, testing and optimization of an organization’s production network to ensure appropriate access and response time.
- Use knowledge of network backup hardware and software to implement, maintain, and execute an organization disaster recovery plans.
- Sit for the CCNA certification exams.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|Summer Start||Credit Hours|
|IT-1025||Information Technology Concepts for Programmers||3|
|ITNT-2370||Network Security Fundamentals||3|
|Total Credit Hours||18|