This certificate program is designed for students who already have an associate or bachelor's degree. The program presents students with the theoretical background needed to function in today's dynamic supply environment. Students receive a general supply chain management education with course work in purchasing, logistics, production/operations management, negotiating, freight management, accounting and business law. Graduates are better prepared for careers in business and industry that deal with the issues of supply chain management. Courses included in this program serve as the foundation of study for the four modules leading to the A.P.P. and C.P.M. designation. Typical students considering this course of study are employed in or seeking employment in areas of business in manufacturing or service that deal with the supply management process.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Communication. Demonstrate competency in communicating effectively both independently and in teams, using oral, written, or non-verbal techniques, to include the use of technology, in the gathering and presentation of information.
- Math/Financial. Apply general math skills to analyze general business operations.
- Business Fundamentals. Demonstrate the ability to identify and understand basic theories, principles & practices, and terminology related to each functional area of business.
- Critical Thinking. Apply knowledge in the decision-making and problem-solving process.
- Diversity. Interpret and explain the importance of diversity in the global workplace.
- Ethics. Identify the foundations and importance of ethics and social responsibility, and how business integrates this into their ongoing operations.
- Purchasing & Supply Chain. Gain a basic knowledge of the concepts, processes and practices within the purchasing & supply chain function.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|BADM-1020||Introduction to Business||3|
|BADM-2161||Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Management||3|
|ECON-2620||Principles of Microeconomics||4|
|BADM-2601||Global Commerce and Communication||3|
|MARK-2010||Principles of Marketing||3|
|Select one of the following:||3-4|
|ACCT Program Elective|
|BADM Program Elective|
|MARK Program Elective|
|Total Credit Hours||35-36|
|MARK-2020||Principles of Salesmanship||3|
|BADM-2760||Global Trade and Finance||3|
|BADM-2780||Global Marketing and Distribution||3|