These courses are selected from the Media Arts and Filmmaking degree sequence to provide a streamlined path to proficiency in video editing, basic motion graphics and digital storytelling.
The recipient of this certificate has demonstrated professional-level competency in digital, non-linear, video editing.
Financial Assistance funds cannot be applied towards this program.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Use listening and knowledge of technical terms/industry jargon to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with clients, colleagues and other professionals.
- Demonstrate proper business etiquette, appearance, teamwork behaviors and understand legal regulations, industry ethics, production schedules and budgets in order to be a contributing member of the production team.
- Use industry-standard motion media editing software applications to professionally edit motion media projects.
- Apply knowledge of mission and story structure to produce a written treatment and storyboards for a motion media production.
- Create a production plan and schedule that meets a client needs, uses resources appropriately and is on time and within budget.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to clients to secure and maintain business.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|MARS-1180||Introduction to Media Arts and Filmmaking||3|
|VCPH-1450||Digital Imaging I||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Applied Integrated Media (AIM) II: Real World Production and Post-Production for Motion Media 1|
|Motion Graphics II|
|Total Credit Hours||18|
Departmental approval is required for this project-based course. Certificate students taking MARS-2720 Applied Integrated Media (AIM) II: Real World Production and Post-Production for Motion Media would work as a project lead in editorial.