The Environmental, Health and Safety Technology Certificate Degree Program is a course of study designed to provide students with a well-rounded education in EH&S regulatory compliance and EH&S management. It is intended for those currently working in the EH&S field seeking to enhance and broaden their knowledge, or those working in other fields desiring coursework to help change or modify their careers. Students must already possess a college degree (associate or higher), although the degree may be in any subject area. Students entering the program must complete a program application and are encouraged to consult with the Program Manager to develop a course completion plan compatible with the student's professional goals and program completion timeframe. Degree: Students may apply course credits toward the Environmental, Health and Safety Technology Associate degree.
Program contact: Learn more
This certificate will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the certificate, please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree.
Program Admissions Requirements
- Student applicant must complete a program application and is strongly encouraged to meet with the EHST Program Manager before enrolling in any EHST course.
- Applicant must have already completed an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university. The degree may be in any subject area.
Program Learning Outcomes
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following learning outcomes:
- Effectively and efficiently contribute to an organization’s environment, health and safety programs.
- Recognize, evaluate, and control workplace hazards and environmental stressors.
- Recognize and administer quality-assurance and quality-control protocols and methodologies to ensure data integrity and reliability for sampling, reporting, permitting, and compliance.
- Recognize, interpret, and explain environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Evaluate environmental, health and safety conditions in the workplace and effectively and efficiently explain, both orally and in writing, the appropriate control methods.
- Evaluate, select, and apply environmental health and safety technologies and software applications.
- Articulate the value of a safe workplace and environmental stewardship.
- Effectively and efficiently transfer environmental, health and safety knowledge.
- Understand and demonstrate ethical behavior in environmental health and safety.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|First Semester||Credit Hours|
|EHST-1301||Introduction to Environmental Technology||3|
|EHST-1310||Introduction to Environmental Law||4|
|EHST-1350||Health and Safety in the Workplace||3|
|MATH-1xxx||1000-level MATH course or higher||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|College Composition I|
|Honors College Composition I|
|EHST-2220||EH&S Management Systems||2|
|EHST-2341||Hazardous Material Transportation||2|
|EHST-2351||Emergency Planning and Response||2|
|EHST-2390||Solid and Hazardous Waste Management||3|
|Total Credit Hours||30|