Students will be prepared for careers dealing with network hardware systems analysis, planning and implementation. Students will gain the necessary skills to design, build and maintain small to medium size networks and manage network hardware systems. Skills acquired will assist students in preparing to take industry certification exams.
Program contact: Learn more
This degree program contains one or more embedded certificates which will be automatically awarded when the certificate requirements are completed. If you do not want to receive the embedded certificate(s), please notify the Office of the Registrar at RegistrarOffice@tri-c.edu.
Learn more about how certificate credits apply to the related degree and about related training programs.
Related Degrees and Certificates
- Information Technology - Networking Software Associate of Applied Business degree
- Cisco, Short-Term Certificate
- Computer Maintenance Technology, Certificate of Proficiency
Related Training and Credentials
Program Admission Requirements
This program is designed to prepare students to demonstrate the following program outcomes:
- Communicate effectively utilizing verbal, written and presentation skills in person, on the phone, and via the Internet with all levels in the organization.
- Communicate appropriately with diverse audiences to provide high level customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Work independently and effectively within a team to meet the needs of the organization.
- Operate within diverse business cultures with professionalism, integrity and accountability.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and recognize legal issues.
- Adapt to change within their profession by demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning and the flexibility to deal with different requirements from different clients with a wide range of personality styles and prior computer knowledge.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize tasks in order to meet project deadlines.
- Apply analytical, critical and creative thinking and problem solving/troubleshooting techniques to develop effective information technology solutions in the context of business needs.
- Apply fundamental concepts of computer hardware, operating systems, business applications, networking, security, backup and recovery procedures to troubleshoot, maintain and support PC hardware and software to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
- Apply knowledge of network hardware, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model, protocols, diagnostic tools and troubleshooting to assist in the design, selection of equipment, installation, configuration, testing and optimization of an organization’s production network to ensure appropriate access and response time.
- Use knowledge of network backup hardware and software to implement, maintain, and execute an organization disaster recovery plans.
- Sit for A+ and CCNA certification exam.
Suggested Semester Sequence
|Summer Start||Credit Hours|
|EET-1015||Introduction to Computer Maintenance and Repair||3|
|IT-1025||Information Technology Concepts for Programmers||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Honors Computer Applications|
|BADM-1020||Introduction to Business||3|
|EET-1035||Operating Systems and Software for PC Technicians||4|
|EET-1055||Computer Hardware Support||4|
|BADM-1050||Professional Success Strategy||3|
|ITNT-2320||Network Administration I||3|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|College Composition I|
|Honors College Composition I|
|EET-1302||Cisco I: Basic Networking Technologies 1||3|
|EET-1312||Cisco II Basic Routing and Switching 1||3|
|MATH-1xxx||1000-level MATH course or higher||3|
|Arts and Humanities/Social and Behavioral Sciences requirement||3|
|EET-2302||Cisco III Intermediate Routing and Switching||3|
|EET-2312||Cisco IV Basic Wan Technologies||3|
|Natural and Physical Sciences requirement (lecture)||3|
|Total Credit Hours||62|
Consecutive eight week course.