The Patient Access Specialist is often the first person a patient sees when they arrive at a hospital, doctor’s office or any medical admitting department. They are an advocate for both the patient and the health care facility. As the “face” of the healthcare organization, Patient Access Specialists have an effect on both the revenue cycle and the patient experience. They often provide exceptional customer service to patients, their family members and the clinical teams they support. Patient Access Specialists are employed in: Hospitals, Nursing Homes, HMOs/PPOs, Freestanding Surgery Centers, Call Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Physician Offices, and Clinics. Their role can fall under many different titles such as Patient Service Representative, Registration Representative, Access Representative, Registration Technician, Insurance Verifier, Pre-registration Specialist and Financial Counselor.
Other Important Information
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Integrated Career & Job Readiness
- Mandatory CHAA National Exam Review Session
- Private CHAA National Exam on site
- Career Day & Graduation Ceremony
- Contact 216-987-2925 or 216-987-3171 for further details.
Visit the Corporate College website here for pricing.
Cost includes all text materials and CHAA national exam fees.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-3075
Upon completion students receive
Eligibility to sit for the Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) exam through the National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM)
Tri-C Certificate of Completion
- A non-paid optional externship opportunity upon successful passing of the CHAA exam and is contingent upon employer availability and needs.
- Health Care (Workforce Training Programs)
- Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding Program
- Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding Program - Online
To Register for and Learn more about Patient Access Specialist