The Certified Network Associate Security program prepares individuals to meet the demand for skills and knowledge in the area of network security. With a CCNA Security certification, the network professional should be able to demonstrate the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure. In this course, the student will learn the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the strength of the network. The student will also learn to perform basic tasks to secure a small office network using Cisco IOS security features available through web-based GUIs (SDM) and CLI on Cisco routers and switches.
Other important information
- 40 hours of full time classroom instruction.
- Classes run on Saturdays for 5 weeks from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Prerequisites: ZCIS-1002: CCNA: Interconnecting Devices (CCNA Routing and Switching) v3 (Bootcamp) ICND1 and ICND2 or equivalent coursework.
Financial aid eligibility
This program is not Federal Financial Aid/Pell Eligible.
Scholarships, payment plans, and other financial aid options may be available. For more information, call 216-987-3075
Upon completion students receive
Certificate of Completion
- Cisco Technical Training Institute (Workforce Training Programs)
- Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CCNA: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices
- Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security)
- CCNP Routing and Switching Certification Program
To Register for and Learn more about Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)