Tri-C has provided high-quality law enforcement and fire training in Northeast Ohio since 1982. As a Tri-C Center of Excellence, the Public Safety Center continues to provide basic training through the police, fire, private security, corrections and bailiff academies, as well as advanced training for law enforcement and fire professionals. The center now includes the Captioning and Court Reporting and Environmental, Health and Safety Technology programs as well.
The Public Safety Training Center on the Western Campus, which opened in September 2014, was renamed the KeyBank Public Safety Training Center in June 2016 in recognition of KeyBank's support of the College and the community. It features specialized simulation areas that provide opportunities for realistic, hands-on skills training. Tri-C’s public safety academies train more emergency response professionals than any other academy in Ohio.
- Captioning and Court Reporting
- Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice (Basic Police Academy)
- Criminal Justice (Corrections)
- Criminal Justice (Security Administration)
- Environmental, Health and Safety Technology
- Fire Technology
- Fire-Emergency Medical Services
- Public Safety (Workforce Training Program)